Opened on the Anstruther and St Andrews Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. It was some way west of Kinsbarns itself - around a mile. The main station building was on the southbound platform, the town side. Platforms were joined by a footbridge.
There was a goods yard on the east side, served from the north, connected to the north end of the northbound line. The signal box was at the north end, on the west side of the line.
There was a level crossing at the south end.
The station closed in 1930 and line remained open until 1965, the loop and box closing with the line. The northbound platform was reduced to a mound after closure to passengers.
The site is now very overgrown with trees. Platforms and loading banks remain and were still visible in the 1980s. No buildings survive. The building was similar to those at Boarhills and Stravithie.
St Andrews [2nd]
St Andrews [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Thirdpart Level Crossing
Kirkmay Level Crossing
Kinness Burn Viaduct
St Andrews Shed
St Mary^s Church
St Andrews Cathedral
Kellie Castle and Garden
St Andrews Castle
Blackfriars Chapel St Andrews
West Port St Andrews
Old Course Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Crail, History and Guide: The Story of an Ancient Scottish Burgh
Fife's Lost Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Anstruther and St. Andrews Railway
The Leven & East of Fife Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The St Andrews Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)