Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway.
This was the shed of the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway, built in the 'V' of the junction between that line and the Scottish Central Railway. It was considered part of Shore Road Shed [NB], although geographically remote from it being across the SCR from the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway shed.
This was a four road shed, approached from the south (from Stirling station or Cowpark Goods). A turntable was on the west side (42ft) and second building (coaling shed?) to the east.
It was given over to wagon repairs until 1929 when the Sentinel steam railcars were based here.
Today it is the site of a Scottish Ambulance depot.
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Stirling Forth Viaduct [SCR]|
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]
Stirling New Bridge Signal Box
Wallace Street Mineral Depot
Stirling East Signal Box
Shore Road North Signal Box
Forth and Clyde Junction [Stirling]
Shore Road Shed [NB]
Cow Park Siding
Stirling North Junction
Shore Road Goods [NB]
Stirling Old Bridge
Raploch Road Siding
Shore Road Level Crossing [NB]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)