St Fort South Junction

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

St Fort South Junction (1909-1924)

Opened on the Newburgh and North Fife Railway.
Opened on the Tay Bridge and Associated Lines (North British Railway).

Description

Here the Newburgh and St Fort Railway met the Edinburgh and Northern Railway with a junction facing Leuchars. The line doubled before joining the main line. The signal box was in the 'V' of the junction, aligned with the main line. The junction, box and curve to St Fort West Junction closed in 1924.

Tags

Junction 03/06/2019

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways

Fife's Last Days of Steam

Fife's Lost Railways