Shields Bank Signal Box

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Shields Bank Signal Box (1903-1957)

Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.


Description

This box controlled the east end of the climb from the Scotland Street Junction, on the approach to General Terminus, to Port Eglinton Junction.

This connection was opened by the City of Glasgow Union Railway in 1874 and the box opened with the layout changes at Port Eglinton in 1903.

The box closed with the connection in 1957.


Tags

Signal Box