Rosemill Siding (1831-1965)
Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway.
This appears to have been a short public siding with loading bank and small hut immediately to the east of Rosemill level crossing and loop. It was accessed from the east.
The siding existed in 1860 and may be even older. This siding did not serve any of the quarries or the bone works which had their own sidings.
To the west was the Balbeuchly Incline, later bypassed, and to the south east the original alignment to Baldovan and Downfield.
Baldovan and Downfield
Offset at Back of Law
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Dundee Ward Road
Other railway and industry locations
Rose Mills Chemicals
Auchrie Quarry Siding
Eastfield Road Bridge
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|