Port Dundas Swing Bridge (1880-1964)
Opened on the Port Dundas Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This is a disused single track swing bridge which carried the Port Dundas Branch (Caledonian Railway) over the Forth and Clyde Canal from north Port Dundas Mid Wharf over the canal to North Spiers Wharf. The span swung from its south end.
The bridge remained closed after falling into disused as the canal was also out of use. It is now fixed open having been restored in the 2000s.
The base of a signal post remains nearby on the north bank of the canal.
A double lifting road bridge is just to the east. Nearby is a beached barge which was recovered from the basin.
St Rollox [1st]
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Buchanan Street [Subway]
St Georges Cross [Subway]
St Rollox [2nd]
Charing Cross [GC and DR]
Glasgow Central Low Level
Other railway and industry locations
Port Dundas Swing Bridge
Port Dundas Mid Wharf
Pinkston Power Station
Port Dundas West Goods (CR)
Port Dundas East Goods (NB)
South Spiers Wharf
North Spiers Wharf
Buchanan Street Tunnel West Signal Box
Buchanan Street Shed
Pinkston Mineral Yard
Buchanan Street Tunnel
St Rollox Depot
Port Dundas Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|