Pitmedden

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Pitmedden (1874-1964)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This small station had a level crossing to the east. The platforms were in timber with small timber shelters.

The westbound platform was the original when first opened, the eastbound added when the line was doubled.

The signal box was eight sided - not octagonal but a rectangle with the corners cut off. The base (which still exists) was stone, main building in brick.

There were no goods facilities.

When singled the eastbound line was lifted.

The station house still exists to the north of the site.

The next station west was Kinaldie and east Dyce. Today the nearest station to the west is Inverurie.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67