Paisley East (1906-1906)
Opened on the Paisley and Barrhead District Railway.
This two platform station was built but never opened. The railway opened to goods in 1906. Nearby was the Lacy Street Depot, the goods yard for the station.
The platforms extended from a bridge over Glasgow Road, to the south, to an intended junction for a triangular junction with the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway. Each platform had a non-block post signal box.
The goods yard was served from a loop off the northbound track, located partly on a three track bridge over Seedhill Road. As the intended passenger line was at a high level to pass over the street, this dropped to the goods depot alongside, and to the west of, a huge retaining wall for the passenger line.
The Kelburne Cinema was opened in 1933 on the site of the station, the line having been cut back previously to the rounding loop for the goods yard. The northbound line remained and southbound line was lifted. Rounding was slightly awkward requiring the locomotive to reverse on the cut back northbound line.
The goods yard was known as the Lacy Street Depot, although Lacy Street was on the east side of the line the approach to the depot crossed Lacy Street by a level crossing. The passenger line had crossed by a bridge. A kink to accommodate these crossings remains in the road today.
Paisley Hamilton Street
Paisley Gilmour Street
Paisley Canal [1st]
Paisley St James
Other railway and industry locations
Paisley East Junction
Lacy Street Depot
Paisley Signalling Centre
Hawkhead Shell Mex Siding
Hawkhead Oil Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|