Muirhouse North Junction

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Muirhouse North Junction (1894-1961)

Opened on the Cathcart District Railway.

Opened on the Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway).


Description

This junction opened at the north end of a short 1894 connection which was made to complete the Cathcart District Railway. Rather than cross the General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway on the level a double junction was created at Muirhouse Central Junction, the southern end of the connection. Opening this created a duplicate section of line between the north junction and Muirhouse South Junction.

On opening of the Muirhouse Power Box in 1961 the duplicate section of line was removed.

03/08/2019

Tags

Junction