Morningside [Edinburgh] (1884-1886)
Morningside Road (1886-1962)
Opened on the Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station. It is fairly intact despite closure in 1962. The eastbound platform and street level ticket office both remain intact. A lattice footbridge still crosses the west end of the former station.
The station was on the west side of Morningside Road. There were typical North British Railway style buildings with canopies.
The station had a large goods yard, at the west end and north of the line, accessed from a loop (which enclosed the signal box) on the north side of the eastbound line. The sidings ran to the east.
The former goods yard s now covered by flats, a car park and other buildings.
A second yard (added later) was at the west end of the station, south side of the line and approached from the east.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
George Watson^s College
Blackford Hill [Hill]
Braids Tram Shelter
Edinburgh and Dumfriesshire Dairy
Slateford Junction [1st]
Gorgie West Goods
Newington Stone Yard
Waverley Oil and Cake Mills
Dalry Road Shed
Royal Edinburgh Hospital
Old Craig House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|