Meikleriggs Goods

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Meikleriggs Goods (1905-1954)

Opened on the Paisley and Barrhead District Railway.


Description

This goods and mineral yard was at the east end of the short Meikleriggs branch from the south end of the never opened Ferguslie station. The branch also served the Burnbank Chemical Works. The goods yard competed with the Glasgow and South Western Railway owned Ferguslie Goods to the north. Both served the area and the Ferguslie Thread Works, Ferguslie Dye Works and other works.

The site is now housing on Lounsdale Grove.


Tags

Goods goods yard

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map