This was a two platform station serving a small community and the neighbouring collieries at Clydeside and Bredisholm.
To the west of the station a short branch ran west towards the Clyde serving the Clydeside Colliery on the south side of the line. On the north side of the line began the Bredisholm branch of the North British Railway. This ran from the station west to a reversing spur and the north east to Bredisholm Yard, exchange sidings with the Drumpeller Railway and Bredisholm Railways which served the various Bredisholm Collieries. The signal box Maryville, at the west end of the station, controlled access to the branches.
The station closed in 1908.
Around 1920 extra dead-end sidings for the Bredisholm branch were provided on the north side of the line, alongside the Hamilton bound platform. This would have made departure in the Shettleston direction easier.
The signal box was replaced with a ground frame in 1940.
The station and branches have been obliterated by subsequent construction of the sprawling Maryville interchange.
Mount Vernon North
| Clydeside Coal Pit|
Calderbank Colliery Pit No 1
Haughhead Colliery [Uddingston]
Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 1
Clyde Viaduct [Uddingston]
Calderbank Colliery Tunnel
Broomhouse Pit Colliery No 1
Bredisholm Colliery Ellismuir Pit No 3
Blantyreferme Nos 1 and 2 Colliery
Haughhead Colliery Signal Box
Bredisholme Collieries Pit No 2
Calder Park House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1883||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Maryville opened after this date.
|01/02/1908||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Maryville station closed.
|10/03/1940||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Maryville signal box closed.