Aligned with the Perth route were two buildings, a works building and locomotive shed, both on the east side of the line. The works building still stands and is an excellent early survivor.
The works was located in the 'V' of the junction north of Ladybank station.
The building still stands, stone built and with four entry arches. It dates from 1847 and is 'B' listed. It was originally a carriage shed and later a wagon works. On the east side of the former trackbed is an office block, a later addition.
To its south, closer to the junction, was Ladybank Shed, now demolished.
Both buildings were approached from the south.
Plans to move the remaining works building to Kirkland Yard for preservation have not yet come to fruition.
| Ladybank Shed|
Ladybank South Junction
Forthar Lime Works
Bunzion Lime Works
Cults Lime Works
Coaltown of Burnturk
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/04/1973||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Trackwork at Ladybank Works removed, but building not demolished.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife