Aligned with the Perth route were two buildings, Ladybank Works and locomotive shed, both on the east side of the line. The works building still stands and is an excellent early survivor.
To the south of Ladybank Works, closer to the junction, was the two road shed and coaling shed.
The shed became a sub shed of Thornton Shed [2nd]. The shed closed in 1958 and was demolished around 1971. The turntable was to the south.
Both works and shed were approached from the south.
| Ladybank Works|
Ladybank South Junction
Forthar Lime Works
Bunzion Lime Works
Cults Lime Works
Coaltown of Burnturk
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife