This is an island platform station which still has an original station building.
The station is on the site of the former loop and short mineral line to Aikenhead Colliery Nos 1 and 2.
There was a loop on the north side of the station, which was electrified with the line but is now lifted.
There was a signal box (1904) for Cathcart East Junction here, on the south side of line at the west end of the station. The junction is also known as Kings Park Junction. This box closed in 1961, taken over by Cathcart Power Box.
The station is close to Hampden Park stadium.
| Aikenhead Colliery Nos 1 and 2|
Cathcart East Junction
Cathcart Power Box
White Cart Water Viaduct
Cathcart North Junction
Cathcart West Junction
Govan Colliery Pit No 6
Mallsmire Firebrick Works
Polmadie Mineral Sidings
Hampden Park Stadium
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/09/1928||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Kings Park station opened. (Alternative date 08/10/1928.)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland