This colliery opened in 1960, the line opening in 1959 to assist with construction. The line opened from Drongan on the line between Annbank, Belston Junction and Cumnock [1st].
Although the colliery closed in 1987 Killoch Washery remains. The site is now a coal loading point.
Cairntable Halt [Knockshinnoch]
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
| Killoch Washery|
Carston Colliery / Shieldmains No 14
Burnockhill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Shieldmains Nos 6,7,14 Collieries
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1960||Ayr to Mauchline Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Killoch Colliery line opened from Drongan station.