Kilgarth Signal Box (-1923)
Opened on the Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway.
This signal box was located between Gartsherrie North Junction to Gartcosh Junction and provided access to Kilgarth Slag Hill which was within the triangle of lines formed by Gartcosh Junction - Garnqueen North Junction - Gartsherrie South Junction.
Sidings here were for the dumping of slag from Gartsherrie Iron Works. Access to the sidings was from the east, the direction of the works. The signal box was located on the north side of the line, within the 'V' of the junction.
The box closed in 1923. Further slag sidings were used, running out from Gartsherrie North Junction.
The triangle of lines remain open and the land within is out of use.
Gartsherrie [M and K]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Other railway and industry locations
Gartsherrie Colliery Pits Nos 8 and 9
Kilgarth Slag Hill
Gartsherrie North Junction
Gartsherrie East Junction
Gartsherrie Colliery Pit No 1
Gartsherrie Colliery Pit No 2
Gartsherrie South Junction
Hayhill Brickworks Signal Box
Gartliston Fire Clay Brick Works
Garnqueen South Junction
Heatherbell Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|