Hamilton Shed (1861-1980)
Opened on the Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This single ended twelve road shed was located on the west side of the Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway) just north of Hamilton West.
An earlier version of the shed was relocated to Bridgeton Goods in the 1880s as a goods shed.
British Railways assigned the code 66C.
After the withdrawal of steam the shed in 1962 it continued as a diesel depot until 1980.
After closure the site has been redeveloped as a care home and housing estate.
Meikle Earnock Halt
Bothwell [North British]
Other railway and industry locations
Hamilton Engine Sheds Junction
Burnbank Signal Box
Whitehill Wagon Works
Greenfield Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|