Bridgeton Goods

Location type


Name and dates

Bridgeton Goods (1861-1965)

Opened on the Dalmarnock Branch (Caledonian Railway).


This goods yard opened in 1861. Bridgeton [1st] was to the north west.

The depot was left on a short branch with the opening of the Dalmarnock Branch Extension (Caledonian Railway), which passed round its west side.

In the 1880s a goods shed was erected which used to be the Hamilton Shed building.

The Glasgow Central Railway opened west of the Dalmarnock extension.

It became the 'Tartan Arrow' depot before closure.

The depot appears on re-signalling of 1973.

Closed by 1979 for reopening of Argyle Line.


Terminus goods