Greenock Ladyburn Shed

Location type

Loco shed

Name and dates

Greenock Ladyburn Shed (1885-1966)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway.

Description

This double ended shed was located to the south of the Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway between Cartsdyke and Bogston station. Approach was from the west. The shed was severely damaged by bombing in the Second World War.

British Railways assigned the code 66D and Greenock Princes Pier Shed as a sub shed.

The shed was approached from the west, from the east end of Cartsdyke station with the approach controlled from Cartsdyke Station Signal Box.

After closure in 1966, the site remained overgrown and vacant until around 2001 when it was re-developed for housing.

Tags

Shed

Aliases

Ladyburn Shed
01/07/2019




Books


Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)