Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway.
This was a two platform station with a loop. The main station building was on the southbound platform.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south.
The station was equipped with a large water tankr as the station was at a summit (there was a climb on the approach from both north and south).
In initial form, this was a minimal station with one platform and no loop and a siding approached from the north. A signal box and the loop opened in 1887. The box was at the south end, in the 'V' between the loop and goods sidings.
The box closed in 1966 and the loop was taken out.
The station and line closed in 1968.
The base of the water tank remains today. The platforms remain, very overgrown and loading bank.
Strathisla Mills Platform
| Grange North Junction|
Avochie Signal Box
Portsoy Harbour Junction
Newmill Signal Box
Keith Shed [GNSR] [2nd]
Keith Shed [GNSR] [1st]
Keith North Signalbox
Keith Shed [HR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1872||Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway|
Barry [GNSR] reopened as Glenbarry.