Garrowhill Halt (1936-1970)
Opened on the Glasgow and Coatbridge Branch (North British Railway).
Open on the Edinburgh to Glasgow via Bathgate and Airdrie.
This is a two platform station.
The station was build to serve new housing. Garrowhill was developed to the south of the line in the 1930s. Later Barlanark was developed to the north.
A siding existed to the east of the station when opened. This was the stub of a branch, the Springhill Railway, which served the mines Springhill Colliery Pit No 1 and Hallhill Colliery Pit No 1.
Mount Vernon North
Other railway and industry locations
Springhill Colliery Pit No 1
Mount Vernon Iron and Steel Works
Shettleston East Signal Box
Barrachnie Colliery and Brickworks
Hallhill Colliery Pit No 1
Mount Vernon Goods [NB]
Shettleston South Signal Box
Daldowie Colliery Pit No 1
Burntbroom Colliery Pit No 1
Shettleston PW Depot
Calderbank Colliery Signal Box
Calderbank Colliery Tunnel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|