Gallowgate Central Junction Bridgeton Cross South Junction (1892-1921)
Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.
Opened on the Glasgow City and District Railway.
This junction opened in 1893 with the construction of a curve (1893) from St Johns Junction on the City of Glasgow Union Railway to meet the Glasgow City and District Railway (1892) line to Bridgeton Central.
The signal box was on the east side.
This was a short lived junction as the curve closed in 1921, the Glasgow City and District Railway line lasting until 1987 (latterly as access to an EMU depot).
The junction was located below street level in a dressed stone cutting. The cutting is often overgrown, but when cleared the junction site can still be seen.
Glasgow St Enoch
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Other railway and industry locations
Gallowgate Central Junction Bridgeton Cross South Junction
Barracks Mineral Yard
High Street Junction
Barrack Street Tunnel
College North Junction
Bellgrove Cattle Market
Bellgrove Independent Tunnel
Bridgeton Cross Tunnel
St Johns Junction
Bridgeton Central Junction
Bridgeton Central Tunnel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|