This was the terminus of the line from Muir of Ord. There was a single platform to the south of a loop.
There was a goods yard to the south of the station, approached from the west. A locomotive shed, reached by a turntable on a headshunt, was to the north of the station opposite the platform.
Sitting above the station to the north is the station cottage. The station building was in timber. There were water columns.
The loop carried on a short way beyond the station to the east. It had been proposed to extend to Rosemarkie, less than a mile to the north east of Fortrose.
The signal box was at the west end of the platform, with the goods yard to its rear. It opened with the station and closed in 1926, replaced with a ground frame.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. The line closed altogether in 1960.
The station site is obliterated, the east part now being a car park, fire station and housing. A weighbridge remains in station crescent. The station cottage remains to show the site of the station as does a line of railwaymen's cottages.
Fort George [2nd]
Castle Stuart Platform
Fort George [1st]
| Dalcross Timber Siding|
Ardesier Platform construction yard
Gean Burn Bridge
Farness Bridge and LC
Shore Mill Bridge
Fort George [Fort]
Rosehaugh Level Crossing
Jemimaville Level Crossing
Woodside Level Crossing
Allerton Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1951||Fortrose Branch (Highland Railway)|
Fortrose to Muir of Ord closed to passengers.
|13/06/1960||Fortrose Branch (Highland Railway)|
Fortrose to Muir of Ord closed to freight.