This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the northbound platform.
To the north was a goods yard on the west side of the line with a goods shed at the north end of a goods loop.
There were two signal boxes. The south box was on the west side of the line, south of the platforms. The north box was on the east side opposite the goods shed. Both boxes opened in 1891 and closed in 1962 when the loop was lifted. Sidings remained until 1964.
The station was north of the town of Evanton and south of Novar House. The station was named for the latter and then the former.
Platform portions remain but the buildings have gone. There is a tight bend on the B817 at the site.
| Teaninich Siding|
US Naval Base 17
Black Rock Gorge
Shoreton Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway (Railway History)
Highland Railway (The David & Charles series)
Highland Railway Album
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Highland Railway