Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
This was a two platform station. The street level building is a two storey sandstone building with Tudor styling.
The trackbed was crossed by a girder footbridge, which has been removed for re-opening and is now in preservation. There were waiting rooms at platform level.
Often re-instatement of a line sweeps away the remains of an old station, but the two platforms remain along with the original street level building., now a house
^and Dalkeith^ was added to the name ten years after closure of the short Dalkeith branch terminus. To the north was the short lived Glenesk station.
A new station called Eskbank has been opened to the south on the site of Hardengreen Yard.
| Hardengreen Junction|
Eskbank Carpet Factory
Telegraph Pole Works
Esk Valley Junction
King^s Gate Junction
Newbattle Viaduct [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1954||Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway|
Eskbank [1st] renamed Eskbank and Dalkeith.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route