Enterkin Burn Viaduct (1850-)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.
This is a four arch double track viaduct which crosses the Enterkin Burn just north of Enterkinfoot. Also known as the Enterkinfoot Viaduct.
Just under half a mile to the north of the viaduct, and before the site of the former Ardoch Signal Box is reached, there is a very large retaining wall below the west side of the railway and on the east side of the A76. The road and railway run closely together on the east bank of the River Nith in its narrow valley.
(Note that the Enterkine Viaduct is in Ayrshire.)
Other railway and industry locations
Enterkin Burn Viaduct
Ardoch Signal Box
River Carron Viaduct
Gill Water Viaduct
Mennock Water Viaduct
Carronhill Glen (Newlands) Viaduct
Sanquhar Tile Works
Wanlockhead Beam Engine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|