East Pilton Halt

Location type

Station

Name and dates

East Pilton Halt (1934-1962)

Opened on the Leith North Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Description

This halt was built on the former site of Pilton Junction East, which was closed by the time the halt opened. The signal box which was formerly located here would have been at the east end of the eastbound platform.

This halt had platforms in timber. It was immediately to the south of the Bruce Peebles Ltd works.

There was no West Pilton station, the halt was named for the area it was located in.

Tags

Station footpath


Dates

01/12/1934Leith North Branch (Caledonian Railway)
East Pilton Halt opened.