Bruce Peebles Ltd

Location type

Works

Name and dates

Bruce Peebles Ltd (1904-1999)

Served by the Leith North Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Description

Manufacturer of electrical equipment. Company originally formed in 1866. Moved to East Pilton works in 1904.

The factory was served by the Leith North Branch (Caledonian Railway). A reversing spur was east of East Pilton Halt on the north side of the line. This was reached from the east and sidings ran north east into the works.

The company relocated to Leith after a file at the East Pilton works in 1999. The site is now housing.

Tags

Factory manufacturer power engineering electrical equipment

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map