Dalmeny [1st]

Location type


Name and dates

Dalmeny [1st] (1866-1890)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the South Queensferry Branch (North British Railway).


The original Dalmeny station was about a mile south of the current Dalmeny station and on a different, now closed, alignment. It was immediately north of Dalmeny South Junction. It was built a quarter of a mile south of Dalmeny itself to avoid being located in a cutting.

After the opening of the Forth Bridge it became Dalmeny goods. The goods sidings were on the east side of the line and approached from the south. Dalmeny Oil Works was to the east, served by a long siding from the goods yard.


Station sidings goods

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67


Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)