Currie [1st] (1848-1874)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
Open on the Edinburgh to Glasgow via Shotts.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station on the Caledonian Railway main line. Currie was better served by the Balerno Branch (Caledonian Railway) station Currie [2nd] which opened to the south.
The platforms were slightly staggered to accommodate the goods yard, with the eastbound platform slightly to the east. The goods yard, on the north side of the line, was approached from the east. The main station building was on the westbound platform.
After closure in 1951 the site was progressively cleared. The present day station dates from 1987. The new platforms are not staggered and the car park is the site of the former goods yard.
Edinburgh Park Station [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Central [Tram]
Gyle Centre [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Network Rail Maintenance Delivery Unit Edinburgh
Gogar Tram Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian