College Goods Signal Box [GSWR] (-1971)
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This signal box was at the eastern entry to College Goods controlling the approach to sections of the yard and the east end of the College goods loop which began further west at St Johns Junction. Approach to the goods yard was from the east.
The signal box was on the north side of the junction.
The box was replaced in 1908.
The goods yard largely closed in 1962, survived by High Street Goods to the north.
The box closed in 1971, taken over by High Street Junction box.
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Glasgow St Enoch
St Enoch [Subway]
Other railway and industry locations
College North Junction
Barrack Street Tunnel
High Street Goods Signal Box
St Johns Junction
Bridgeton Central Junction
Barracks Mineral Yard
High Street Junction
Bridgeton Cross South Junction
High Street Goods
Bellgrove Cattle Market
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|