Carron Junction (1908-1968)
This was the junction between the railway to the Carron Iron Works and the later (1908) Bainsford Branch (North British Railway). The signal box was in the 'V' of the junction.
From here the line ran north to the iron works, east to Fouldubs Junction and a goods siding ran on the south side of the Fouldubs line serving several works.
To the south was a siding to the Forth and Clyde Canal and to the south west was the curve to Swing Bridge Junction and the Sunnyside Iron Works was to the west.
The siding to the canal and line to the north were the originally the tramway of the Carron Iron Company.
The box and line closed in 1968
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Other railway and industry locations
Carron Company Basin
Parkhouse Iron Works
Swing Bridge West Signal Box
Swing Bridge East Signal Box
Swing Bridge Junction
Sunnyside Iron Works
Springfield Iron Works
Springfield Saw Mills
Dalderse Goods and Mineral Depot
Thornhill Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|