This was the western half of a goods and mineral line between Falkirk and Grangemouth, a relief line to the main line to Grangemouth which also served works in the Bainsford area. The western half was North British Railway owned and the eastern Caledonian Railway owned.
The line closed in 1968 with a small portion at its eastern end surviving for the Falkirk Aluminium Works, served by the surviving CR portion Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway).
For much of its course the former line is now a roadway.
|/ /1908||Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Bainsford Branch (North British Railway)|
By-pass line from Swing Bridge Junction to Fouldubs Junction partly opened. The western half was owned by the North British Railway (part of the former line to the Carron Iron Works) and the eastern was to be opened by the Caledonian Railway.
|/ /1968||Bainsford Branch (North British Railway)|
Line closed with the exception of a short portion at the eastern end which allowed access to the Falkirk Aluminium Works via the Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway).
These locations are along the line.
This was a Second World War factory. The works was closed by Alcan in 2004.