Nantgarw Halt High Level
Lisvane and Thornhill
Fountain Bridge Halt
Nantgarw Halt Low Level
| Aber Junction|
Energlyn South Junction
Watford Crossing Junction
Beddau Loop Junction
Energlyn North Junction
Penthos Lower Junction
Graig Wyllt Quarry
New Rockwood Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Act passed to convert tramroad into a railway and modify levels and for a branch from Machen to the Rhymney Railway at Caerphilly.
|/ /1864||Rumney Railway|
Machen to Caerphilly partly opened. Rest of route opened as Caerphilly Branch (Brecon and Merthyr Railway).
|08/08/1878||Pontypridd, Caerphilly and Newport Railway|
Act passed. Promoted by J.C. Parkinson of the Alexandra Docks and Railway and Sir George Elliot of Powell Duffryn Collieries. Double track line to run from south of the Taff Vale Railway's Pontypridd station (Pontypool, Caerphilly and Newport Junction Railway) to Caerphilly (Penrhos Upper Junction) on the Rhymney Railway. Running powers over the Brecon and Merthyr Railway's Caerphilly Branch to Machen and on to Bassaleg Junction with the Alexandra Docks and Railway. Engineer Sir James W. Szlumper.
|01/09/1904||Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway|
New service from Pontypridd (Tram Road) Halt on the Pontypridd, Caerphilly and Newport Railway, east of the Taff Vale Railway station, to Caerphilly started. Uses two steam railmotors built by the Glasgow Railway Engineering Works (Glasgow Railway and Engineering Company) of Govan. Seven halts opened on route.
|/ /1907||Barry Dock and Railways|
Run train to the Rhymney Railway's Caerphilly station for a visit of Kind Edward VII.