This junction opened in 1893 with the construction of a curve (1893) from St Johns Junction on the City of Glasgow Union Railway to meet the Glasgow City and District Railway (1892) line to Bridgeton Central.
The signal box was on the east side.
This was a short lived junction as the curve fell out of use in 1914 and closed in 1921, the box closing at that time.
The Glasgow City and District Railway line lasted until 1987 (latterly as access to an EMU depot).
The junction was located below street level in a dressed stone cutting. The cutting is often overgrown, but when cleared the junction site can still be seen.
Glasgow St Enoch
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
| Barracks Mineral Yard|
High Street Junction
High Street Goods Signal Box
Barrack Street Tunnel
College North Junction
College Goods Signal Box [GSWR]
Bellgrove Cattle Market
Bellgrove Independent Tunnel
Bridgeton Cross Tunnel
St Johns Junction
Bellgrove Cattle Bank South
Bridgeton Central Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|