This was the junction for the Catrine branch, a short branch south east of Mauchline.
The main line was double track, the branch single. The branch started as a double track at the junction, rapidly dropping to a single track. The signal box was in the ^V^ of the junction. It replaced the nearby Brackenhill Siding box on its opening in 1903.
After closure of the branch to passengers in 1943 the junction became a single lead junction with a crossover (which had been there already, west of the junction).
The branch closed completely in 1964 and the box closed.
The formation of the closed trackbed can still be seen.
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
| Brackenhill Siding|
Barony Power Station
Barony Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,3,4
Barskimming Quarry [1st]
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 4
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 1
Barskimming Quarry [2nd]
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/05/1943||Catrine Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Catrine to Mauchline (Brackenhill Junction) closed to passengers.
|06/07/1964||Catrine Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Catrine to Mauchline (Brackenhill Junction) closed to freight.