This was a siding on the down line, approached from the north. Later a signal box was provided here in 1891. On older Railway Clearing House maps the spelling is 'Breckenhill Siding'.
With the opening of the Catrine Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway) in 1903 the signal box was replaced by a new one at Brackenhill Junction, just to the north west. By this time the siding had gone, replaced with a trailing crossover.
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
| Brackenhill Junction|
Barony Power Station
Barony Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,3,4
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 4
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 1
Barskimming Quarry [1st]
Gilmilnscroft Colliery Pit No 2
Barskimming Quarry [2nd]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|