Bonnybridge

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Bonnybridge (1870-1953)
Bonnybridge High (1953-1965)
Bonnybridge (1965-1967)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station almost surrounded by brick works. The station was partly built on a bridge over a road, the station buildings being to the east of this and platforms extending over to the west. There was a goods yard to the south of the line, west of the station and a goods line bypassed the station to the south.

The Bonnyside Fire Brick Works was served from the goods line, it was to the east. To the west was the Milnquarter Fire Clay Works. Both were to the south.

To the north was the Woodlea Brick Works.

Further to the west was a branch to the Bonnybridge Silca and Fire Clay Works which was south of the station and other brick works.

Bonnybridge itself was to the north, some distance away and across the Forth and Clyde Canal.

10/04/2018

Tags

Station brick works

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map