Blythswood Signal Box (1903-1932)
Opened on the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway.
This signal box was in Renfrew, controlling access to a looped headshunt for a short line north, on a tight curve, to Lobnitz's London Works. The headshunt was approached from the Glasgow direction (the east) and on the north side of the line. The signal box was located in the 'V' between the main line and the branch curving north.
The connection and box closed in 1932 (after the Grouping) as it duplicated an older connection from the Paisley and Renfrew Railway from Meadowside Junction. (Both connections were owned by the LMS after 1923, with Blythswood box only used as required from 1926.) The reversing spur and its loop were removed in addition to the curving line north.
Renfrew Fulbar Street
Other railway and industry locations
Blythswood Signal Box
Engineering and Shipbuilding Works
Clyde Trust Siding
Yoker Power Station
Yoker Green Road Junction
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Clydebank Dock West Junction
Clydebank Dock Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|