A bunker, on the south side of the line, was served by a siding with a round loop. The bunker served the Blindwells opencast and its extension.
The connection was to the west, to the westbound line. Cross over from the eastbound line was further west at Prestonpans station where a train waiting to cross over the westbound line could be held in Prestonpans Loop, off the eastbound line.
With the closure of the opencast, the facility is closed, the connection to the main line lifted and bunker removed.
Riggonhead Colliery, and its sidings, were located a little further to the east.
Seton Mains Halt
| Seton Siding|
Preston Links Colliery Siding
Bank Park Junction
Battle of Prestonpans
Johnnie Cope^s Hole
St Germains Level Crossing
St Germains House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/10/2005||North British Railway|
Track from Blindwells Opencast Disposal Site gifted to the Friends of Riccarton Junction.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian