This colliery was on the south side of the North British Railway east of Prestonpans and south of Seton House (as a result of which it was also known as Seton House Colliery). Access was controlled by Riggonhead signal box which opened in 1906.
Seton Siding was on the north side of the line, accessed from the east.
The box closed in 1924, burned down.
The site was used for large scale mining later, it became the Blindwells Opencast Disposal Site.
Riggonhead itself, a small hill with an old fort, was to the south. It was removed by the mining activity.
Seton Mains Halt
| Seton Siding|
Blindwells Opencast Disposal Site
Preston Links Colliery Siding
Battle of Prestonpans
St Germains Level Crossing
St Germains House
Johnnie Cope^s Hole
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian