Blackwood [2nd]

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Blackwood [2nd] (1905-1965)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Mid Lanark Lines (Caledonian Railway).

Description

This was a single platform station with the platform on the west (town) side of the line. It replaced the [Blackwood [1st] terminus which became the goods yard.

To the north was Blackwood Junction where the line doubled and divided into west (for Stonehouse) and east (for Tillietudlem) lines.

The station site is now housing and a church.

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
04/09/2018