Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
Auchengray was a three platform station to the north of a level crossing. There were two platforms on the main line and a bay (added around the time the Wilsontown branch opened, 1860 with a west to south curve creating a triangle in 1866) at the north end of the northbound platform. A small goods yard was at the north end, west side of the line. The signal box was on the south side of the level crossing, west side of the line.
A railway cottage remains on the west side of the line, just north of the level crossing. Platform mounds partially remain. The box closed in 1966, replaced by automatic barriers.
Auchengray village itself is around 3/4 of a mile north east.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Other railway and industry locations
Wilsontown Junction [2nd]
Wilsontown West Junction
Wilsontown North Junction
Haywood Colliery Pit No 14
Haywood Colliery Pit No 10
Lower Haywood Signal Box
Haywood Colliery Pit No 4
Tarbrax Oil Works
Wilsontown Iron Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian