Ardrossan North Goods (1888-1980)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
This was the goods yard for Ardrossan North it was located on the east side of the line, north of the station. Approach was from the east.
There was originally a goods shed, but ultimately this was a single track coal siding. Access survived until the 1980s, approach by reversal using the line from Ardrossan Town which also gave access to the Ardrossan Refinery bitumen works in later years.
The site is now housing.
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan South Beach
Ardrossan Winton Pier
Other railway and industry locations
Ardrossan North Goods
Ardrossan North Shed
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd]
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [1st]
Ardrossan Harbour Signal Box
Ardrossan Western Breakwater
Ardrossan Old Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|06/05/1968||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier to Stevenson No 1 Signal Box [2nd] closed to all traffic, (Ardrossan North Goods coal yard and Ardrossan Refinery's bitumen depot remained accessible through harbour sidings from Ardrossan Town).