Alexandra Park (1881-1923)
Alexandra Parade (1923-)
Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.
Open on the Glasgow to Cumbernauld via Duke Street.
This is a two platform station in a cutting to the east of Alexandra Park Street. The line is crossed by Alexandra Parade to the south with ramps down to the platforms. There is no car park. Alexandra Park is to the east.
The main station building was on the corder of Alexandra Parade and Alexandra Park at street level. It survived intact until the late 1980s but has been lost. The entire west side of the station has a new retaining wall dating from road widening. Platform buildings, added about 1900, are long gone.
To the south was Haghill Junction, for the now closed route to Parkhead Junction [NB]. Within the 'V' of the junction was Haghill Goods.
London Road [Glasgow]
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Blochairn Steel Works
Duke Street Tunnels
Camlachie Goods Yard
Parkhead Junction [CR]
Parkhead North Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|