|/ /1809||Aerw Tramroad|
Built from Treforest, on the canal, to Hafod Colliery.
|07/06/1861||Llantrissant and Taff Vale Junction Railway|
Act passed for this Taff Vale Railway backed line. The line was promoted to stop expansion eastwards of the Great Western Railway backed schemes from Llantrisant. The line ran from Llantrisant Branch Junction, Treforest, to meet the Mwyndy Branch (Ely Valley Railway) at Maesaraul.
|14/08/1884||Barry Dock and Railways|
Established by an Act. Led by David Davies of Ocean Collieries. The line was to run from Barry to Cadoxton Junction then north to Drope Junction for a branch to Peterston with the South Wales Railway (then a further junction, Tynycaeau Junction, with the same line from St Fagan's) and then north to the Treforest estate at Tonteg Junction for a connection with the Taff Vale Railway before finishing near Trehafod, joining the Taff Vale Railway.
|12/08/1898||Treforest Line (Cardiff Railway)|
Railway projected from Roath to Heath (on the Rhymney Railway), Walnut Tree Gap and on to Treforest (and the Taff Vale Railway).
|/ /1909||Treforest Line (Cardiff Railway)|
Heath to Treforest opened, although Treforest Junction was not opened.
|/05/1909||Taff Vale Railway, Treforest Lines (Cardiff Railway)|
Temporary connection put in between the two lines at Treforest.
|12/10/1909||Taff Vale Railway, Treforest Lines (Cardiff Railway)|
Temporary connection removed.
|10/07/1930||Barry Dock and Railways|
Cardiff to St Fagans to Pontypridd, and Cadoxton to Porth diverted to parallel Taff Vale Railway routes. Treforest High Level and Pontypridd (Graig) are closed.
|/ /1940||Treforest Line (Cardiff Railway)|
Rhydyfelin Viaduct demolished for war effort.
|/ /1952||Treforest Line (Cardiff Railway)|
Coryton northwards to Nantgarw Colliery closed on opening of a spur to Nantgarw by-products Plant from the Taff Vale Railway.
|/ /1964||Llantrissant and Taff Vale Junction Railway|
Treforest Junction to Cwm Colliery (excluded and served from Llantrisant) at Llantwit Vardre closed.
|28/09/1964||Barry Dock and Railways|
Treforest Junction to Cwm Colliery closed.