|01/11/1877||Glasgow, Bothwell Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Shettleston to Bothwell [NB] opened for goods and minerals.
|15/09/1952||Glasgow, Bothwell Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Hamilton [NB] to Bothwell [NB] (excluded) closed to passengers due to the Craighead Viaduct over the Clyde having been undermined. (Also given as the 13th of September). Signal boxes along route closed but track retained until approx 1955.
|11/02/1963||Glasgow, Bothwell Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Allanshaw Foundry to Blantyre Junction (junction with Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway)) closed to freight, replaced by a new link.