Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)



Dates

  /  /1873Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Line authorised.
26/07/1876Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Line opened to minerals.
  /  /1890Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Branch to Fairhill Colliery opened.
  /  /1892Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Line doubled.
  /  /1930Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Branch to Fairhill Colliery closed.
  /  /1950Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
With closure of the Cadzow Colliery the line now served the Cadzow Engineering Works.
  /  /1952Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
From 1952 a link for access to the Hamilton area remains of the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway is laid in close to Cadzow Junction.
  /  /1963Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Cadzow Junction connection ceases to be used for Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway traffic.
  /  /1967Cadzow Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Line closed..

Locations along the line

These locations are along the line.

This junction was on the Hamilton Circle between Hamilton West and Hamilton Central. It was directly south of Peacock Cross. Hamilton West station is to the north. Several collieries were served to the south.
...

More details

See also
Hamilton to Ferniegair (Caledonian Railway)
Peacock Cross station is to the left on the line running left-right taken from an Old Ordnance Survey Map of 1896. The map is almost centred on the ...
Gordon Steel //1896
1 of 1 images.