This is a double track fifteen section viaduct on a curve just west of Dunfermline Town station. There are 13 masonry arches, one 'blind arch' and a girder. The viaduct is 435 ft long overall and 30 ft high.
It is on the 1866 section of the West of Fife Railway and Harbour which linked Elgin Railway and Dunfermline Branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway). This connecting line survives today as a freight only route.
Since 1890 it has been on the route from the Forth Bridge to the south.
Probably the current viaduct dates from 1877 when the line south to North Queensferry opened.
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
| Charlestown Junction|
St Leonard's Works (Linen Damask)
Dunfermline Tram Depot
Dunfermline Gas Works
Tower Burn Viaduct
Elbowend Junction [1st]
Elgin Junction [1st]
Touch North Junction
Dunfermline Carnegie Library
Dunfermline Abbey and Palace
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|